The Education and Society Minor is open to all Arts and Science students. This program is for students who are interested in education, either as preparatory skill for many occupations, or as a strong background for admission to a consecutive teacher education program. Students will explore topics such as child and adolescent development, equity and diversity in education, communication and conflict resolution, and receive hands-on experience in an educational setting.
This Minor will be especially attractive to those students who wish to combine the academic program with international experience. International placement opportunities are available and may consist of teaching English as a Second Language.
|Professor Julia Forgie
|Chris de Barros
Academic Liaison Officer
Interested students can apply every spring for September entry into the program.This is a limited entry program. Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission to the program.Applicants must have completed the following in order to apply:
- PSY100H1 with a minimum grade of 70
- obtain a grade of 73 or greater in at least 3.0 FCE
- minimum of 4.0 Full Course Equivalents (FCE)
4.0 FCE including at least 1.0 FCE at 300+ level
2. All of: VIC260H1, VIC261H1, VIC262H1 and VIC265H1
4. One FCE from: VIC356H1, VIC361H0, VIC363H1, VIC368H1, VIC369H1, VIC451H1, or a course related to Education and Society at the 300+ level selected from the offerings in Sociology, Anthropology or Geography (Arts).
Combined Degree Program in Education
Education and Society students (in their third year) may apply to the Combined Degree Program offered by Victoria College in conjunction with the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE).
The Combined Degree Program offers students the opportunity to integrate a Master of Teaching (MT) with an Honours Bachelor of Science (HBSc) or Honours Bachelor of Arts (HBA) in six years.
For more information, please visit the Combined Degree Program page.