Are you ready for Life after Vic? Are you ready to enter the workforce? Are you ready to make the decision to continue with a second degree? Are you ready to go forward in the world with intent and purpose, armed with a set of tools, resources and skills to help you achieve your personal and professional goals?
We know the future can be scary and exciting, overwhelming and full of possibility, and we want to make sure you are ready—Vic Ready.
Through interactive modules, one-on-one advising, peer discussion, and networking opportunities, the Vic Ready (VR) program takes you through the process of reflection, exploration, and skill development for your personal and professional success both now and in the future.
Vic Ready is a program you engage with at your own pace with many offerings and opportunities to help build a network of peers, staff, faculty, and alumni interested in supporting your Vic Ready experience. Our goal is to help you walk into the world after graduation with intent and purpose, armed with a set of tools, resources, and skills to help you achieve your goals.
How to get started
Your first step is to register for a VR Bootcamp. We deliver the four-day VR Bootcamp at various times in the academic year as both an online and in-person offering. The program provides eight interactive modules focused on skill development, reflection, and personal narration, culminating in a networking opportunity where you can practice your skills in a supportive environment. The VR Bootcamp provides students with access to a community of peers and staff advisors, who work with students one-on-one from the time of registration right through to graduation.
The VR Bootcamp is open to all Victoria College students at the University of Toronto and is the foundational curriculum for the Vic Ready program. Upon completion, you will receive information about specialized VR programming and an invitation to select a VR Community for the Fall.
- August 28 – September 1
- November 6-9 - REGISTER HERE
- May – Details to be announced
How is the program structured?
Following the VR Bootcamp, you will work with a staff advisor to plan the rest of your Vic Ready experience. By selecting opportunities of interest to you, you decide the direction of your learning, be it graduate or professional school, a career of interest, or as an open exploration of multiple paths and possibilities. In 2023-2024, we are offering the following opportunities:
- VR Communities: The VR Communities are biweekly small group sessions offered throughout the academic year (Oct. - Mar.) to help you prepare for a specific path such as seeking employment right after graduation, applying to graduate school, or exploring your career and experiential engagement options. This year, we are offering the following groups: Education Community, Career Community, Exploration Community, and Experiential Community.
- Lunch & Link Socials: VR offers a monthly networking opportunity where special guests including Faculty, Staff, Alumni and Current Graduate Students join our VR students to share the stories of their career and life paths and answer questions over a meal.
- VR Mentorship Experience: VR offers the opportunity for students to connect with a faculty member, current graduate student, or alumni in their field of interest through an informal mentorship.
- VR Speaker & Workshop Series: To be announced