If you plan to graduate during an upcoming Convocation period, you will need to officially request to graduate.
- If you will be completing your degree requirements by the end of the Winter session, you may request June 2022 graduation in ACORN from November 23, 2021 to January 31, 2022. If you unable to add your request in ACORN, please submit a Graduation Request Form.
- If you will be completing your degree requirements by the end of summer 2022, you will be able to request November 2022 graduation. Requests will be accepted between late June and early September.
Make sure to review the Faculty of Arts and Science Graduation page for information on preparing for graduation.
If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to us at the Victoria College Office of the Registrar and Academic Advising for support.
Degree Requirements and Confirmation
It is your responsibility to verify that all program of study and degree requirements are complete. Degree Explorer, an on-line tool, performs degree and program assessments. You may also make an appointment to review degree level requirements with an academic advisor at the Victoria College Office of the Registrar and Academic Advising. Please make sure that your programs of study are correct and up to date on ACORN before you make a graduation request. If you have questions about your program requirements, contact the academic unit (department).
If you request to graduate in June you will receive email confirmation of your program status from academic units (departments) in February or March. If you request to graduate in November, you will receive confirmation in September or October. Program status is also posted in Degree Explorer. If you have questions about the accuracy of a program assessment, please check with the academic unit (department).
Only the Faculty of Arts and Science can confirm that your degree requirements are complete. Confirmation is emailed in late October for November graduates and late May for June graduates. If you need confirmation, request a Letter of Eligibility to Graduate. If your degree has already been conferred, you may also request a University of Toronto Certification of Degree. Transcripts are available from the University of Toronto. Third parties are directed to the University of Toronto Confirmation of Degree website.
Ceremony dates and logistics are co-ordinated by the University of Toronto Office of Convocation.
Your name in ACORN will appear on your diploma.
Is your name missing accents? If so, please see Office of Convocation webpage for information. For any other changes to your name, please contact the Victoria College Registrar's Office to complete a Change of Name or Gender on Academic Record form. Deadlines for name changes and diplomas apply.
For updates regarding ceremonies and diplomas, please see The Office of Convocation webpage.
Students who upgrade to an Honours degree or a four-year degree are not eligible to attend a convocation ceremony to receive an upgraded degree. For those upgrading to an Honours degree, original diplomas must be returned to the Office of Convocation before new diplomas will be released.
Diplomas will not be released to students who have outstanding fees from previous sessions. To have a financial hold released, email proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Financial holds normally take 2-3 business days to clear.
Individual Portraits and Composite Photos 2022
New Paramount Studios, the official graduation photographer for Victoria University, is scheduling photo sessions for 2022 Vic grads. Graduation photos are optional.
Sitting Fee: $25 (cash only at time of sitting)
New Paramount Studios Toronto
837 St Clair Ave W.
Toronto, ON M6C 1C2
New Paramount Studios Mississauga
1412 Hurontario St.
Mississauga, ON L5G 3H4
Registration and Booking:
- Go to: www.newparamount.com.
- Select “Book” at top of page.
- Select “Click Here” under “College/University Graduation”.
- Select “Register” and enter personal information and school information:
Program: Arts and Science OR Bachelor of Commerce
Faculty: Arts and Science
Graduating In: June 2022 OR November 2022
- Log in once you receive your passcode by email.
- Find the schedule by location (UofT Victoria; New Paramount-Toronto Studio or New Paramount-Mississauga).
- Book your appointment.
If you cannot attend an in person sitting, please see digital photo submission information.
For questions or assistance, please contact email@example.com or call 416-653-5103.
Composite Photos 2020 and 2021
Pick up and shipping options are offered by New Paramount. High resolution downloads are also available for both 2020 and 2021.
New Paramount Studios Toronto
837 St Clair Ave W. ,Toronto, ON M6C 1C2
New Paramount Studios Mississauga
1412 Hurontario St., Mississauga, ON L5G 3H4
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-653-5103.
You may pick up composite photos from 2019 and previous years are at the Victoria College Registrar's Office, NF106.
Visit The Vic Careers & Transition Out Quercus page regularly to find resources to help plan for careers and further education or to book an appointment with a Vic Career Educator or Transition Advisor. If you are going into year 2 or 3, prepare yourself for life after graduation with The Vic Ready program.
Additional information sessions and resources are available at U of T and through other institutions. We've compiled a list of helpful resources below.
More Campus Resources:
- The School of Graduate Studies Admissions and Events Page lists opportunities for students planning to continue their studies at the University of Toronto.
- The University of Toronto Career Centre hosts many workshops and provides a variety of services for graduating students including Career Learning Network job/volunteer/internship postings and Further Education resources.
- Check out Career Navigator, a website designed to help students with career research and planning. Career Navigator connects a strong network of Alumni who, when they share their stories, provide
- Plan to attend workshops and other events sponsored by backpack to Briefcase (b2B) and Graduate and Life Science Education (GLSE).
- Need tips on preparing your applicant statement? Participate in a Writing Plus Workshop, Admissions Letters and Personal Statements: Applying to Medicine, Law, or another professional or graduate program? Here's how to present your strengths to advantage.