The deadline to make a November graduation request in ACORN was September 10, 2020.
Fall 2020 Convocation Announcement - Thursday August 13, 2020
In light of ongoing public health concerns due to #COVID19, U of T, Ryerson, Seneca & York have made the difficult decision not to hold in-person Fall convocation ceremonies. We will share more details about our virtual convocation ceremony in the coming weeks. #FallConvo2020
- Memo from the Vice-President and Provost to PDAD&C on Fall Convocation 2020
- For updates, please monitor The Office of Convocation site.
Requests will be accepted in ACORN between November 25, 2020 - January 31, 2021.
Degree Requirements and Confirmation
It is your responsibility to verify that all program of study and degree requirements are complete. Degree Explorer, an on-line tool, performs degree and program assessments. You may also make an appointment to review degree level requirements with an academic advisor at the Victoria College Office of the Registrar and Academic Advising. Please make sure that your programs of study are correct and up to date on ACORN before you make a graduation request. If you have questions about your program requirements, contact the academic unit (department).
If you request to graduate in June you will receive email confirmation of your program status from academic units (departments) in February or March. If you request to graduate in November, you will receive confirmation in September or October. Program status is also posted in Degree Explorer. If you have questions about the accuracy of a program assessment, please check with the academic unit (department).
Only the Faculty of Arts and Science can confirm that your degree requirements are complete. Confirmation is emailed in late October for November graduates and late May for June graduates. If you need confirmation, request a Letter of Eligibility to Graduate. If your degree has already been conferred, you may also request a University of Toronto Certification of Degree. Transcripts are available from the University of Toronto. Third parties are directed to the University of Toronto Confirmation of Degree website.
Ceremony Dates and Guest Tickets
Ceremony dates and logistics are co-ordinated by the University of Toronto Office of Convocation.
Your name in ACORN will appear on your diploma.
Is your name missing accents? If so, please see Office of Convocation webpage for information. For any other changes to your name, please contact the Victoria College Registrar's Office to complete a Change of Name or Gender on Academic Record form. Deadlines for name changes and diplomas apply.
For updates regarding June 2020 ceremonies and diplomas, please see The Office of Convocation webpage.
Students who upgrade to an Honours degree or a four-year degree are NOT eligible to attend a convocation ceremony to receive the upgraded degree. For those upgrading to an Honours degree, original diplomas must be returned to the Office of Convocation before new diplomas will be released.
Diplomas will not be released to students who have outstanding fees from previous sessions. To have a financial hold released, email proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Financial holds normally take 2-3 business days to clear.
New Paramount Studios is the official photographer for Victoria College and Emmanuel College students graduating in 2020.
Message from New Paramount Studios (October 14, 2020)
2020 Victoria College Composites are now available.
All of us at New Paramount Studios would like to congratulate you on your achievement and we wish you much success. Your complimentary composite photograph is ready for you. There are three options to collect your photo composite.
- Download the High Resolution Digital File (11x14 @300DPI).
- Come to our Toronto Studio and pick up your printed Composite and folio. Curbside pick-up is available Tuesday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Order through our online portal to have one shipped to you. (Shipping fees apply.)
If you attended a photo sitting but have not yet ordered graduation portraits, you may still do so.
- Log into: www.newparamount.com
- Click on: “View & Order”
- Enter your email, and your passcode (student number).
For further information please contact New Paramount Studios directly:
Previous Year Composites and Ceremony Photos/Frames
You may pick up composite photos from 2019 and previous years are at the Victoria College Registrar's Office, NF106.
The best way to figure out what type of options are available to you is by attending information sessions. Information sessions are held all over U of T campus as well as on the campus of other schools that you are thinking of applying to. Below we've compiled some upcoming events on campus and at Vic that will be helpful for you as you try and figure out what's next for you!
Other Events on Campus:
More Campus Resources:
- The University of Toronto Career Centre hosts many workshops and provides a variety of services for graduating students including Career Learning Network job/volunteer/internship postings and Further Education resources.
- Check out Career Navigator, a website designed to help students with career research and planning. Career Navigator connects a strong network of Alumni who, when they share their stories, provide examples of all that is possible with a University of Toronto degree.
- A Career Educator is available to speak with students at the Goldring Student Centre by appointment, email email@example.com.
- Check out workshops, services and events sponsored by backpack to Briefcase (b2B) and Graduate and Life Science Education (GLSE).
- Participate in a Writing Plus Workshop: Admissions Letters and Personal Statements: Applying to Medicine, Law, or another professional or graduate program? Here's how to present your strengths to advantage.
- The Vic Ready program helps students prepare for life after graduation.