- Requests to graduate were open in ACORN from June 26 to September 9, 2021. If you would like to add a late request or cancel a request, please complete and submit a request form.
- If you have general questions about an active request, please email email@example.com.
- For information about diplomas, gowns, frames and virtual convocation, see Office of Convocation information.
The Faculty of Arts and Science Graduating Students page includes information about the Dean's Promise and requesting and confirming graduation. Requests to graduate will be open in ACORN beginning in late November (date tba).
Degree Requirements and Confirmation
It is your responsibility to verify that all program of study and degree requirements are complete. Degree Explorer, an on-line tool, performs degree and program assessments. You may also make an appointment to review degree level requirements with an academic advisor at the Victoria College Office of the Registrar and Academic Advising. Please make sure that your programs of study are correct and up to date on ACORN before you make a graduation request. If you have questions about your program requirements, contact the academic unit (department).
If you request to graduate in June you will receive email confirmation of your program status from academic units (departments) in February or March. If you request to graduate in November, you will receive confirmation in September or October. Program status is also posted in Degree Explorer. If you have questions about the accuracy of a program assessment, please check with the academic unit (department).
Only the Faculty of Arts and Science can confirm that your degree requirements are complete. Confirmation is emailed in late October for November graduates and late May for June graduates. If you need confirmation, request a Letter of Eligibility to Graduate. If your degree has already been conferred, you may also request a University of Toronto Certification of Degree. Transcripts are available from the University of Toronto. Third parties are directed to the University of Toronto Confirmation of Degree website.
Ceremony dates and logistics are co-ordinated by the University of Toronto Office of Convocation.
Your name in ACORN will appear on your diploma.
Is your name missing accents? If so, please see Office of Convocation webpage for information. For any other changes to your name, please contact the Victoria College Registrar's Office to complete a Change of Name or Gender on Academic Record form. Deadlines for name changes and diplomas apply.
For updates regarding ceremonies and diplomas, please see The Office of Convocation webpage.
Students who upgrade to an Honours degree or a four-year degree are not eligible to attend a convocation ceremony to receive an upgraded degree. For those upgrading to an Honours degree, original diplomas must be returned to the Office of Convocation before new diplomas will be released.
Diplomas will not be released to students who have outstanding fees from previous sessions. To have a financial hold released, email proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Financial holds normally take 2-3 business days to clear.
2021 Photos and Composite Photo
- New Paramount Studios have reopened. The sitting fee is $20. Sessions will be extended to September 15, 2021.
- For students unable to attend an in person sitting, information about digital photo submission (photo editing and photo order options) is posted. If you submit a photograph online through the New Paramount portal and wish to take in person photographs at a later date, the sitting fee will be waived.
Deadline: September 15, 2021
New Paramount Studios, under the guidelines set out by the Ministry of Health, is scheduling graduation photography sessions at studio locations only.
New Paramount Studios Toronto
837 St Clair Ave W. Toronto, M6C 1C2
New Paramount Studios Mississauga
1412 Hurontario St. Mississauga, Ontario, L5G 3H4
To book an appointment:
- Go to: www.newparamount.com
- Enter: book
- Enter: University/College Graduation
- Select : click here
Register as a new user and log back in once you receive your passcode, find the studio you wish to go to, and book your appointment.
- Bookings will be scheduled at half-hour intervals offset on two photography areas adhering to social distancing guidelines.
- When entering the studio, you must be wearing a mask which you will remove before your session.
- Please arrive alone for your appointment as there will be no photographs with friends and family.
- Upon arrival you will be asked to answer the Heath Canada Covid-19 questionnaire.
- You will be required to sanitize your hands and proceed to registration.
- You will then proceed to the dressing area, where you will be gowned and hooded.
- You will then be moved to the photography rooms.
- All robes, hoods and props will be steam cleaned after each use.
Proofs will be uploaded for viewing and images will be created to be included in the composite.
For further information, please contact email@example.com or call 416-653-5103.
Message from New Paramount Studios (October 14, 2020)
2020 Victoria College Composites are now available.
All of us at New Paramount Studios would like to congratulate you on your achievement and we wish you much success. Your complimentary composite photograph is ready for you. There are three options to collect your photo composite.
- Download the High-Resolution Digital File (11x14 @300DPI).
- Come to our Toronto Studio and pick up your printed Composite and folio. Curbside pick-up is available Tuesday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Order through our online portal to have one shipped to you. (Shipping fees apply.)
If you attended a photo sitting but have not yet ordered graduation portraits, you may still do so.
- Log into: www.newparamount.com
- Click on: “View & Order”
- Enter your email, and your passcode (student number).
For further information please contact New Paramount Studios directly:
Previous Year Composites and Ceremony Photos/Frames
You may pick up composite photos from 2019 and previous years are at the Victoria College Registrar's Office, NF106.
Visit The Vic Careers & Transition Out Quercus page regularly to find resources to help plan for careers and further education or to book an appointment with a Vic Career Educator or Transition Advisor. If you are going into year 2 or 3, prepare yourself for life after graduation with The Vic Ready program.
Additional information sessions and resources are available at U of T and through other institutions. We've compiled a list of helpful resources below.
More Campus Resources:
- The School of Graduate Studies Admissions and Events Page lists opportunities for students planning to continue their studies at the University of Toronto.
- The University of Toronto Career Centre hosts many workshops and provides a variety of services for graduating students including Career Learning Network job/volunteer/internship postings and Further Education resources.
- Check out Career Navigator, a website designed to help students with career research and planning. Career Navigator connects a strong network of Alumni who, when they share their stories, provide
- Plan to attend workshops and other events sponsored by backpack to Briefcase (b2B) and Graduate and Life Science Education (GLSE).
- Need tips on preparing your applicant statement? Participate in a Writing Plus Workshop, Admissions Letters and Personal Statements: Applying to Medicine, Law, or another professional or graduate program? Here's how to present your strengths to advantage.